THE OBENSON REPORT

Covering Cinema From All Across The African Diaspora

I Want My Hurl TV

Wow! I knew the end was near, after all, the signs are increasing in number, but I certainly didn't expect it to happen so soon!

Cable TV network, G4TV (Games, Gear, Gadgets and Gigabytes, hence the G4) premiered a reality TV-based game show this week titled simply, Hurl!


I'm sure you can probably guess what the program's M.O. is based on its title alone. However, allow me the pleasure of illumination, if you don't mind.

Hurl! is an "extreme eating" contest in which contestants eat as much as they can in one brief sitting, then exert themselves in a strenuous physical activity immediately afterwards, which, as we all know, isn't wise, since it might cause one to, um, hurl! So, as expected, he who eats the most and vomits the least wins $1,000!

Brilliant, right? Now why didn't I think of that?!

It's inevitable folks - we are indeed regressing! The day is fast-approaching when we'll get pleasure out of watching 2 people fight to the death, and The New Yorker will call it satire. Oh wait... we already have a "sport" like that - it's called Ultimate Fighting.

See the carnage here: G4 HURL

0 comments:

Post a Comment