Episode 26 - The Obenson Report on Black Film / Cinema
Sponsored in part by ActNow Foundation
Recorded Monday, November 26, 2007, 9PM
TRT 60 Minutes
- Industry news and notes - top dead celebrity salary earners (Tupac made the cut)//Terrence Howard does Tennessee Williams//The "Cosby" effect.
- My review of BLACK ORPHEUS (ORFEU NEGRO) and THIS CHRISTMAS.
- Listener-submitted reviews of DARATT and SIA, THE PYTHON.
- The "Capable Tenth" funded black film studio. PLEASE CONTRIBUTE WHATEVER YOU CAN. SEE INFO BELOW.
Got something to say? Call the show's voicemail hotline at 1-800-765-7249 and leave a message there; and if it's worthwhile, I'll play your message on the show.
HOW TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE "CAPABLE TENTH" FUNDED BLACK FILM FUND
1. Go to the ActNow website – www.actnowproduction.org.
2. Click on the "donate/volunteer" link.
3. Click on the "Network For Good" link at the top of the page.
4. Follow the directions as they are presented to you.
5. I tried it and it took no more than 5 minutes from start to finish.
6. IMPORTANT **** When asked to designate your donation for a specific fund or purpose, be sure to enter "Capable Tenth Black Film Fund." ****
8. You can opt to be an anonymous giver, or scream it from the rooftops.
OR, just write your check or money order, payable to "ActNow Foundation Film Account," and mail it to:
138 South Oxford Street
Brooklyn NY 11217
ActNow is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. All contributions are tax deductible. In the memo section, be sure to write, "Capable Tenth," so that we know exactly where the funds should go.
FILMS MENTIONED DURING BROADCAST: