THE OBENSON REPORT

Covering Cinema From All Across The African Diaspora

Cheadle's 'Traitor' Gets Rating

I just learned that the MPAA slapped a PG-13 rating on Don Cheadles's upcoming espionage thriller, Traitor, which I've written about previously on this blog.

I don't know if I like that. Based on all I've seen and read thus far, I was hoping for a "mature" film for an adult audience, not some watered down, softened up summer movie, made to appeal to as wide an audience as possible. I know, I know, it comes down to the proverbial bottomline - profit!

But knowing that it's going be a PG-13 movie (instead of a hard R) makes me a little less enthusiastic about seeing it.

Of course, I'll still see it, but I'd be lying if I said my already uncertain expectations haven't been lowered.

Traitor hits theatres August 27th.

Incase you need a reminder... here's the trailer:

0 comments:

Post a Comment