THE OBENSON REPORT

Covering Cinema From All Across The African Diaspora

And Speaking Of Bollywood...

I realize that I've posted quite a few entries on the fledgling Bollywood/Hollywood alliance... but with good reason. It's all very fascinating to me, and the long term ramifications (whether positive or negative) are still somewhat of a mystery to me, which keeps me all the more intrigued as each story develops. And recognize that India is a country that's roughly 50 years removed from British colonial rule, asserting a kind of power that many other once-colonized nations are far from being able to wield.

The New York Times is also taking notice, and today printed a 2-page editorial on the subject titled Bollywood Goes to Hollywood, Seeking Bargains, which you can read in its entirety HERE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment