THE OBENSON REPORT

Covering Cinema From All Across The African Diaspora

Grace Jones Returns!

This is probably one of the coolest things I've seen and heard in awhile. It's simple yet, quite seductive and haunting in a way only Grace Jones can deliver. The song is called Corporate Cannibal, and it's the first track from her upcoming new album titled Hurricane which is scheduled for release in October this year! You can guarantee that I'll be checking it out! I'm no Grace Jones afficionado. She always seemed a little too esoteric for me, especially in my youth. But now, as an adult, I'm much more drawn to the bizarre than I ever was... maybe because I can be a little idiosyncratic myself :o)

By the way, the woman is 60 years old! And this is her first studio album in almost 20 years!

"Pleased to meet you... pleased to have you on my plate... your meat is sweet... your life is my sport..."

0 comments:

Post a Comment