THE OBENSON REPORT

Covering Cinema From All Across The African Diaspora

Djimon Hounsou The Sorcerer

I know nothing about this character, but I plan on researching him. A quick web-scan didn't reveal very much, other than the bits and pieces you'll read below. But based on the graphic image I found to the left, he certainly looks like a son-of-a-bitch! James Earl Jones portrayed a version of him in 1982's Conan the Barbarian. And now, Djimon Hounsou will be giving him 21st century celluloid life.

From Variety:

- Djimon Hounsou has partnered with Dynamite Entertainment to star in and produce a bigscreen feature about immortal sorcerer Thulsa Doom, a central figure in the Conan the Barbarian and Kull comicbooks.

The character will be featured in his own comicbook series, published by Dynamite, an imprint of Dynamic Forces, next year.

He originally appeared in the Robert E. Howard pulp story "Delcardes' Cat," published in the 1930s.

The film will be an origin story of the flawed hero and show how his road to hell was paved with good intentions.

Hmmmmmmm... you can guarantee that I'm going to get my hands on at least one of the graphic novels the character is featured prominently. I'll return with my thoughts eventually.

SOURCE

0 comments:

Post a Comment