THE OBENSON REPORT

Covering Cinema From All Across The African Diaspora

Sarah Palin, The VPILF

I'm sure everyone has heard and is familiar with the acronym, MILF. No, not the Moro Islamic Liberation Front, a Muslim separatist rebel group in the Philippines, not that kind of MILF; THIS KIND.

As I expected, McCain's VP choice, Sarah Palin is now being smacked with that label - except in her case, she's not just considered a MILF, but rather a VPILF. I'm sure you can figure that one out on your own.

Someone or some people have even created a website exalting her VPILF-ness, aptly called, VPILF.com.

You've got to love the freedoms that the Internet provides us. Anyone, almost anywhere (well, maybe not in China) can buy a domain name for $15 a year, and create a website dedicated to whatever is of interest to them.


On a more serious note, clearly Palin is not being taken very seriously, from much that I've read in print, and online, as well as heard from the mouths of many of the liberal pundits on television. I think that's a big mistake! I can only associate all of that venom to fear - in essence, she's still an anomaly, and as is often the case, we tend to fear what we don't know. So, before we dismiss her and give the presidency to Obama, I suggest we wait and get to know this woman over the next 2 months, leading up to the election. I have a feeling she's going to take many people by surprise, and give McCain the kind of lift that he likely hoped adding her to his campaign would.
And partly for that reason, I still think Obama should have gone with Hillary as his VP pick - the proverbial dream team! I'd feel much less anxious about our chances of winning. Too late now, I suppose.

But, for now, get your jollies here:
VPILF.COM

0 comments:

Post a Comment