THE OBENSON REPORT

Covering Cinema From All Across The African Diaspora

And Here We Go Once Again...!

So, I just heard that lots of people are squirming at the newly released Ludacris tune that's essentially a battle cry for Obama's candidacy, and some are calling for Obama to denounce Ludacris as well as the track in which he calls Hillary a bitch, and says that McCain doesn't belong in any chair unless he's paralyzed, plus jabs at Jesse Jackson and George Bush, accompanied by the usual chest-pounding male bravado, etc, etc, etc... Hillary supporters of course are enraged, with her former campaign finance co-chair stating, "I hope Senator Obama has the presence of mind to denounce and distance himself from Ludacris."

As we all probably read previously, when Obama revealed his iTunes library to the world in Rolling Stone Magazine recently, Ludacris is one of his faves, calling both he and Jay-Z "great talents and great businessmen." I'm sure the Repubes will have a field day with this one, although Obama's camp quickly released the following statement: "As Barack Obama has said many, many times in the past, rap lyrics today too often perpetuate misogyny, materialism, and degrading images that he doesn't want his daughters or any children exposed to. This song is not only outrageously offensive to Senator Clinton, Reverend Jackson, Senator McCain, and President Bush, it is offensive to all of us who are trying to raise our children with the values we hold dear. While Ludacris is a talented individual he should be ashamed of these lyrics."

The Ludacris track is immediately below, followed by the printed lyrics at the very bottom of this post.

Lyrics:

I'm back on it like I just signed my record deal Yeah the best is here, the Bentley Coup paint is dripping wet, it got sex appeal Never should have hated You never should've doubted him With a slot in the president's iPod Obama shattered 'em

Said I handled his biz and I'm one of his favorite rappers Well give Luda a special pardon if I'm ever in the slammer Better yet put him in office, make me your vice president Hillary hated on you, so that bitch is irrelevant

Jesse talking slick and apologizing for what? If you said it then you meant it how you want it have a gut! And all you other politicians trying to hate on my man, watch us win a majority vote in every state on my man

You can't stop what's bout to happen, we bout to make history The first black president is destined and it's meant to be The threats ain't fazing us, the nooses or the jokes So get off your ass, black people, it's time to get out and vote!

Paint the White House black and I'm sure that's got 'em terrified McCain don't belong in any chair unless he's paralyzed Yeah I said it cause Bush is mentally handicapped Ball up all of his speeches and I throw 'em like candy wrap 'cause what you talking I hear nothing even relevant and you the worst of all 43 presidents

Get out and vote or the end will be near The world is ready for change because Obama is here! 'cause Obama is here The world is ready for change because Obama is here!

SOURCE

0 comments:

Post a Comment